Join us for our Upcoming Postharvest Educational Opportunities
September 26-28, 2017 at the UC Davis Alumni Center (Registration is now open. Click here to register.)
This workshop provides an intensive and substantive overview of many aspects of fresh-cut production, processing, packaging, distribution and quality assurance.
November 8-9, 2017 at the UC Davis campus (Registration is now open. Click here to register.)
This two-day interactive workshop focuses on microbial produce safety systems from preharvest to postharvest. Course content is primarily designed for entry and junior level produce safety professionals across the supply-chain and affiliated industries.
This combination of online and in-person curriculum equips individuals with a set of tools that represent all aspects of postharvest handling (i.e. produce safety, harvesting systems, cooling, packaging, transportation, quality, modified atmospheres, marketing fresh produce, etc).
- Director's Update: Revisiting FSMA Ag-Water Test Methods
- Registration is now open for PSA Grower Training Course and Advanced Produce Safety Workshop in November
- Christine Bruhn Presents at the Partnership for Food Safety and the Institute of Food Technologists Annual Meeting
- Roberta Cook Speaks at the London Produce Show and Talks with Jim Prevor of the Perishable Pundit
- Angelos Deltsidis Travels to Guinea to Establish a Regional Center for Innovative and Affordable Technologies
- Trevor Suslow--More water, water and a STEC and Listeria floater
- Ask the Produce Docs: Information on Cause of Vertical Burst on Zucchini
Contact the Center
|Main Office Location:|
|3047 Wickson Hall, UC Davis campus (link to campus map)|
|Postharvest Technology Center|
|Department of Plant Sciences-Mail Stop 2|
|One Shields Avenue|
|University of California|
|Davis, CA 95616-8683|
|Phone: (530) 752-6941|
|Fax: (530) 754-4326|