STORAGE: STRUCTURE AND PROCEDURES
POSTHARVEST HANDLING AND PHYSIOLOGY OF HORTICULTURAL CROPS: A LIST OF SELECTED REFERENCES (Link back to Table of Contents)
X. STORAGE: STRUCTURE AND PROCEDURES
- ADAM, L.R. and M.K. Pritchard. 1994. A low-cost microcomputer system for controlling relative humidity in horticultural storage. HortTechnology 4:51-54.
- ANON. 1979. Refrigerated storage of fruit and vegetables. Ministry of Agric., Fisheries & Food Ref. Book 324, Her Majestys Stationery Office, London, UK, 148 p.
- ANON. 1990. Manual of refrigerated storage in the warmer developing countries. Int l Inst. of Refrigeration, Paris, France, 327 pp.
- ANON. 1993. Cold storage guide. Int l Inst. of Refrigeration, Paris, France, 205 pp.
- BARTSCH, J.A. and G.D. Blanpied. 1990. Refrigeration and controlled atmosphere storage for horticultural crops. Northeast Regional Agricultural Engineering Service, NRAES Publ. No. 22, 45 p.
- CHANG, T., L.Wu, Y.You, and Y. Chung. 2009. Removal of ethylene and bioaerosol by chlorine dioxide using a chemical scrubbing system in a fruit and vegetable storage facility. J. Env. Sci & Health 44:258-264.
- DELELE M.A., P. Verboven, Q.T. Ho, and B.M. Nicolai. 2010. Advances in mathematical modeling of postharvest refrigeration processes. Stewart Postharvest Review. 2010, 2:1, 8p.
- DELLINO, C.V.J. (ed.).1997. Cold and chilled storage technology. Blackie Academic & Professional, London, 334 p.
- HALL, C.W. 1980. Drying and storage of agricultural crops. AVI Publ. Co., Westport, CT, 381 p.
- HALL, E.G.1979. Handling and storing fresh fruit and vegetables in the home. CSIRO Food Res. Quart.39 (3-4):56- 67.
- HALLOWELL, E.R. 1980. Cold and freezer storage manual. AVI Publ. Co., Westport, CT, 356 p. (2nd edition).
- JAMES, S.J. and C. James. 2010. The food cold chain and climate change. Food Res. Int. 43:1944-1956.
- KADER, A.A. and E.M. Yahia. 2012. Proceeding: expert consultation meeting on the status and callenges of the cold chain for food handling in the Middle East and North America (MENA) region. Food and agricul. Org. of the Unit. Nations regional office for the near east. 1-164.
- KADER, A., J. Thompson, and K. Sylva. 2000. Storing fresh fruits and vegetables for better taste. Publication #21590, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources. University of California, Oakland, CA, 2 p.
- KHIR, R., Z. Pan, J.F. Thompson, A.S. El-Seyed, B.R. Hartsough, M.S. El-Amir. 2012. Moisture removal characteristics of thin layer rough rice under sequenced infrared radiation heating and cooling. Journal of food processing and preservation 1745-4549.
- LAYER, J.W. 1971. Refrigerated farm storage. Cornell Univ. Info. Bull. 16, 30 p.
- MACKAY, S. 1979. Home storage of fruits and vegetables. Northeast Regional Agricultural Engineering Service Publ. #7, Cornell Univ., Ithaca, NY, 30 p.
- MEREDITH, D. 1974. The humi-fresh system - design and operating experience. ASHRAE Symp. CH-73-7, pp. 29-34.
- SAINSBURY, G.F. 1985. Reducing shrinkage through improved design and operation in refrigerated facilities. ASHRAE Trans. 91:45-53.
- SASTRY, S.K. 1985. Factors affecting shrinkage of foods in refrigerated storage. ASHRAE Trans. 91:1-7.
- SINGH, R. Paul. 2008. Benchmarking study of the refrigerated warehousing industry sector in California. Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) Program Contract and Research Project Reports. California Energy Commission, PTER Program.
- THOMPSON, J.F. and R.F. Kasmire. 1988. Small-scale cold rooms for perishable commodities. Univ. of Calif. Div. Agric. Nat. Resour. Leaflet 21449, 8 p.
- U.S.D.A. 1970. Storing vegetables and fruits in basements, cellars, out-buildings and pits. USDA, H & G Bull. 119 p.
- U. S.D.A. 1973. Storing perishable foods in the home. USDA, H & G Bull. 78, 12 p.
- VON DIHLEN, G. 2011. Refrigeration implications of high-rise automated warehouses.
- Int’l Inst. Of Ammonia Refrigeration (www.iiar.org), Tech. Paper # 8, 22 p.
- WAELTI, H. and J.A. Bartsch. 1990. Controlled atmosphere storage facilities. In: M. Calderon and R. Barkai-Golan (eds.). Food preservation by modified atmospheres. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, pp. 373-389.
- WFLO. 2003. Successful refrigerated warehousing. Fiftth edition. World Food Logistics Organization, Baltimore, MD, 548 p.