IV. PHYSIOLOGICAL DISORDERS
POSTHARVEST HANDLING AND PHYSIOLOGY OF HORTICULTURAL CROPS: A LIST OF SELECTED REFERENCES (Link back to Table of Contents)
IV. PHYSIOLOGICAL DISORDERS
- BANGERTH, F. 1979. Calcium-related physiological disorders of plants. Annu. Rev. Phytopathol. 17:97- 122.
- BATTEY, N.H. 1990. Calcium deficiency disorders of fruits and vegetables. Postharvest News and Information 1(1):23-27.
- BRAMLAGE, W.J. 1982. Chilling injury of crops of temperate origin. HortScience 17:165-168.
- COUEY, H.M. 1982. Chilling injury of crops of tropical and subtropical origin. HortScience 17:162-165.
- FERGUSON, I.B. 1980. Mineral composition of fruit and vegetables in relation to storage life. CSIRO Food Res. Quart. 40(3-4):94-100.
- GRAHAM, D. and B.D. Patterson. 1982. Responses of plants to low, nonfreezing temperatures: proteins, metabolism, and acclimation. Annu. Rev. Plant Physiol. 33:347-372.
- GRIERSON, W., J. Soule, and K. Kawada. 1982. Beneficial aspects of physiological stress. Hort. Rev. 4:247-271.
- HODGES, D.M. (editor). 2003. Postharvest oxidative stress in horticultural crops. Food Products Press, New York, 266pp.
- JACKMAN, R.L., R.Y. Yada, A. Marangoni, K.L. Parkin, and D.W. Stanley. 1989. Chilling injury: a review of quality aspects. J. Food Qual. 11:253-279.
- KADER, A.A., J.M. Lyons, and L.L. Morris. 1974. Postharvest responses of vegetables to preharvest field temperature. HortScience 9:523-527.
- KLEIN, J.D. and S. Lurie. 1991. Postharvest heat treatment and fruit quality. Postharvest News and Information 2:15-19.
- KLEIN, J.D. and S. Lurie. 1992. Heat treatments for improved postharvest quality of horticultural crops. HortTechnology 2:316-320.
- LIDSTER, P.D., G.D. Blanpied, and P.K. Prange (eds.). 1990. Controlled atmosphere disorders of commercial fruits and vegetables. Agric. Canada Publ. 1847/E, 58 p.
- LUENGWILAI, K., D.M. Beckles, M.E. Saltveit. Cilling-injury of harvested tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) cv. Micro-Tom fruit is reduced by temperature pre-treatments. Postharv. Biol. Technol.
- LUENGWILAI, K., M. Saltveit, D.M. Beckles. 2012. Metabolite content of harvested micro-tom tomato(Solanum lycopersicum L.) fruit is altered by chilling and protective heat-shock treatments as shown by GC-MS metabolic profiling. Postharv. Biol. Technol. 63:116-122.
- LURIE, S. 1998a. Postharvest heat treatments of horticultural crops. Hort. Rev. 22:91-121.
- LURIE, S. 1998b. Postharvest heat treatments. Postharv. Biol. Technol. 14:257-269.
- LYONS, J.M. 1973. Chilling injury in plants. Annu. Rev. Plant Physiol. 24:445-466.
- MARTINEZ-GARICA, P.J., C.P. Peace, D.E. Parfitt, E.A. Ogundiwin, J. Fresnedo-Ramirez, A.M. Dandekar, T.M. Gradziel, C.H. Crisosto. 2012. Infuence of year and genetic factors on cilling injury susceptibility in peach (Prunus persica(L.) Batsch). Euphytica 185:267-280.
- MORRIS, L.L. 1982. Chilling injury of horticultural crops: An overview. HortScience 17:161-162.
- OPARA, L.U., C.J. Studman, and N.H. Banks. 1997. Fruit skin splitting and cracking. Hort. Rev. 19: 217-262.
- PARKIN, K.L., A. Marangoni, R.L. Jackman, R.Y. Yada, and D.W. Stanley. 1989. Chilling injury: a review of possible mechanisms. J. Food Biochem. 13:127-153.
- SHEAR, C.B. 1975. Calcium-related disorders of fruits and vegetables. HortScience 10:361-365.
- SMAGULA, J.M. and W.J. Bramlage. 1977. Acetaldehyde accumulation. Is it a cause of physiological deterioration of fruits? HortScience 12:200-203.
- WANG, C.Y. 1982. Physiological and biochemical responses of plants to chilling stress. HortScience 17:173-186.
- WANG, C.Y. (ed.). 1990. Chilling injury of horticultural crops. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 313 p.
- WANG, C.Y. 1993. Approaches to reduce chilling injury of fruits and vegetables. Hort. Rev. 15:63-95.
- WANG, C.Y. 1994. Chilling injury of tropical horticultural commodities. HortScience 29:986-988.
- WANG, C.Y. 2010. Alleviation of chilling injury in tropical and subtropical fruits. Acta Hort. 864: 267-273.
- WHITEMAN, T.M. 1957. Freezing points of fruits, vegetables and florist stocks. USDA, Mktg. Res. Rept.196, 32 p.
- WISMER, W.V., A.G. Marangoni, and R.Y. Yada. 1995. Low-temperature sweetening in roots and tubers. Hort. Rev. 17:203-231.
- WOLK, W.D. and R.C. Herner. 1982. Chilling injury of germinating seeds and seedlings. HortScience 17:169-173.
- WOOLF, A.B. and I.B. Ferguson. 2000. Postharvest responses to high fruit temperatures in the field. Postharv. Biol. Technol. 21:7-20.
- YANG, C.Y. 1991. Reduction of chilling injury in fruits and vegetables. Postharvest News and Information 2:165-168.