Our Mission & Goals
Our goals are to:
- Be a leading source of research-based information on the postharvest quality, safety and marketability of fresh horticultural products for the produce value chain.
- Effectively communicate information and knowledge on postharvest technology that enhances the quality, safety and marketability of fresh horticultural products.
- Catalyze innovative and enhanced collaboration among center members, industry, government, and other academic institutions, nationally and internationally.
- Provide relevant information to California growers, shippers, marketers, carriers, distributors, retailers, processors and consumers of fresh horticultural crops through the postharvest research and extension programs of 11 Extension Specialists.
- Be financially self-sustaining.