Join us for our Upcoming Postharvest Educational Opportunities
September 26-28, 2017 at the UC Davis Alumni Center (Registration is now open. Click here to register.)
This workshop provides an intensive and substantive overview of many aspects of fresh-cut production, processing, packaging, distribution and quality assurance.
November 8-9, 2017 at the UC Davis campus (Registration is not yet open.)
This two-day interactive workshop focuses on microbial produce safety systems from preharvest to postharvest. Course content is primarily designed for entry and junior level produce safety professionals across the supply-chain and affiliated industries.
This combination of online and in-person curriculum equips individuals with a set of tools that represent all aspects of postharvest handling (i.e. produce safety, harvesting systems, cooling, packaging, transportation, quality, modified atmospheres, marketing fresh produce, etc).
- Director's Update: Essential oils as alternative treatments for decay control and food safety
- Once again, we're hosting a full house of 115 at our annual Short Course. We hope to see you next year!
- Registration is now open for Fresh-Cut Products: Maintaining Quality and Safety in September, 2017
- Suslow stays local to further FSMA considerations
- Newly released publication! Food Safety Practices and Costs Under the California Leafy Greens Marketing Agreement
- Ask the Produce Docs: Considerations for cause of slimy mini-cucumbers
Contact the Center
|Main Office Location:|
|3047 Wickson Hall, UC Davis campus (link to campus map)|
|Postharvest Technology Center|
|Department of Plant Sciences-Mail Stop 2|
|One Shields Avenue|
|University of California|
|Davis, CA 95616-8683|
|Phone: (530) 752-6941|
|Fax: (530) 754-4326|