Join us for our Upcoming Postharvest Educational Opportunities
May 23-24, 2017 at the South Coast Research and Extension Center in Irvine, CA. (Click here to register.)
This 2-day, FDA-recognized course will help sprouters understand and implement the Produce Safety Rule and requirements applicable to sprout operations under FSMA compliance guidelines.
June 19-23, 2017 at the ARC and June 26-30 field tour (Registration is now open. Click here for more information.)
This course is a two-week intensive study of the biology and current technologies used for handling fruits, nuts, vegetables and ornamentals in California.
September 26-28, 2017 at the Alumni Center (Registration will open in June.)
This workshop provides an intensive and substantive overview of many aspects of fresh-cut production, processing, packaging, distribution and quality assurance.
This combination of online and in-person curriculum equips individuals with a set of tools that represent all aspects of postharvest handling (i.e. produce safety, harvesting systems, cooling, packaging, transportation, quality, modified atmospheres, marketing fresh produce, etc).
Receive 25% off this month’s featured publication:
- Revisiting Practical Considerations in the Application of Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP) as a Water Quality Metric
- Just added! Sprout Safety Alliance Sprout Grower Training Course—May 23-24, 2017
- Archived Central Valley Postharvest Newsletter Available through our Website
- Mary Lu Arpaia Improving Avocado Handling in Tanzania
- Trevor Suslow Leads Expert Panel on FSMA Produce Rule Ag-Water Test Methods
- USDA SCBGP Industry Needs Assessment Survey—We Need Your Input by May 1, 2017!
- Product Facts Now Available as PDF Files