Virtual Crash Course: Postharvest Solutions for Small & Evolving Operations
Virtual Crash Course | Fruit Ripening | Fresh-cut Products | Postharvest Short Course | Emerging Technologies
Who Should Attend
Growers and industry who want a big-picture understanding of the postharvest principles and solutions for improving quality and reducing losses.
Format and Dates
- Sessions will run Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-10:30 a.m. PDT.
- We will hold a panel discussion and keynote during one afternoon in place of the morning session.
- The sessions will be recorded if you are unable to participate in real time. Recordings and course materials will be available online for one week following the end of the workshop.
- The 5-day enrollment fee includes all instruction and course materials.
Monday, June 26
- Quality & Maturity
- Packaging & Water Loss
Tuesday, June 27
- Temperature Management
- Cooling & Cool Storage
- Drying & Dry Storage
- Real-world, Small-scale Storage Applications
Wednesday, June 28
- Keynote: Director Beth Mitcham presents “In Pursuit of Flavor & Quality”
- Panel 1: Modern Trends in the Global Produce Industry
- Panel 2: Advancing the Industry Through Research
Thursday, June 29
- Postharvest Disease Management
- Produce Safety
- Grades & Standards
Friday, June 30
- Strategies for the Adoption of Postharvest Technologies
Full Registration: $300
We apologize for the inconvenience, but some international registrations may encounter issues during registration, due to third-party cybersecurity precautions. If you experience this issue, please register using the Postharvest Technology Center's phone number (530-752-6941) and zip-code (95616). Unfortunately, we are unable to circumvent this.
If you are unable to pay by credit card, please contact Pam Devine at email@example.com.
Refunds, less a $50 processing fee, will be granted if requested no later than June 20, 2023. At that time, you can also discuss sending a substitute. Refunds requested after June 20, 2023 will be assessed a $100 processing fee.
In the unlikely event that this program is canceled or postponed due to insufficient enrollments or unforeseen circumstances, the Postharvest Technology Center will fully refund registration fees.
For inquiries, contact Pam Devine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By registering for this workshop, I grant the Postharvest Technology Center (Center) permission to capture or record my image, video, and audio footage from PTC sponsored events without payment, rights to royalties, or other compensation.
I understand that images and video footage will be edited, copied, and shared with an audience for educational, and/or promotional purposes and will not be accessible to the public or modified for commercial distribution.
Media captured may be used to support the development of PTC online learning curriculum, auxiliary PTC educational dissemination and PTC promotion.