Produce Safety: A Science-based Framework Workshop
Topics and Instructors
Topics will Include
- detailed Analysis and Developments in FSMA Rule-making
- Proactive Operational Responses to FSMA Compliance
- Hazard Assessment & Risk-based Preventive Controls
- Monitoring, Compliance and Corrective Actions
- Practice and Process Validation vs. Verification
- Managing to Current Agricultural Water Standards
- Progress Towards Effective Alternatives
- Animal-derived Soil Amendments
- Risk-based Assessment of Animal Proximity and Intrusion
- Pathogen Testing 101: Trends, Issues, Do's and Don'ts
- Sanitation: Field, Facilities, and Food-contact surfaces, Sanitary Transport
- Interactive Case Examples and Lessons Learned from Recalls and Outbreaks
- Using Quantitative Risk Assessment to Assign Commodity and Research Priorities
- Trevor Suslow, Dept. of Plant Sciences, UC Davis - Workshop Coordinator
- Jim Gorny, Vice President of Food Safety and Technology, PMA (invited)
- Linda Harris, Food Science and Technology; Western Center for Food Safety, UC Davis (invited)
- Michelle Jay Russell, Western Center for Food Safety, UC Davis
- Michelle Danyluk, Food Microbiology and Safety, Univ. of Florida
- Gabriela Lopez Velasco, Microbial Indicator and Pathogen Testing Systems
- Elis M. Owens, Senior Chemist/Microbiologist, Birko Corporation
- Laura Guidici Mills, Food Safety, Recall Management & Regulatory Compliance, LGM Consulting
- Verlea Kellogg, FSMA Analysis, Regulatory Compliance and Organic Integrity, Earthbound Farms
Dates and Times. Tuesday and Wednesday, November 4 and 5, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Thursday, November 6th, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. The registration desk will open at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
Location. The course will be held in the Ballroom at the UC Davis Conference Center, located on the UC Davis campus. For Davis travel and lodging information, visit: http://postharvest.ucdavis.edu/about/WelcomeDavis.
Enrollment Fee. The enrollment fee of $950 includes all instruction, course materials, a networking reception, coffee breaks, and two lunches. Please enroll no later than October 24, 2014.
Parking. Campus daily parking permits are $9 and may be purchased at kiosks near the entrance of campus parking lots.
Required. Each participant will need a laptop computer. If you need to rent one, please contact us.
Enrolling is Easy!
By Mail. Print the workshop brochure, and complete the enrollment section. Mail it with your check or payment information to: Attn: Ms. Penny Stockdale, Postharvest Technology Center; Dept. of Plant Sciences-MS2; UC Davis; One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616
By Fax. Print, and then fax the brochure's enrollment section, along with your credit card information to (530) 754-4326.
By Phone. Call (530) 752-7672. Please have your Visa, Master Card, or American Express account number handy.
Enroll Online in the Produce Safety Workshop
This workshop has been filled! Please contact Ms. Penny Stockdale (530-752-7672 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to add your name to the wait list. Thank you.