Produce Safety: A Science-based Framework Workshop
This workshop provides an integrated approach to building a foundation of awareness and improved understanding of the current scientific basis for produce microbial safety systems and preventive controls. The content is designed to provide participants with a Framework for decision-making on key topics common to industry guidance and standards as well as anticipated federal regulatory compliance requirements. The curriculum is a blend of fundamental, applied, and practical information that will challenge existing knowledge and assumptions regarding the How, Why, Where and When facts of developing, implementing, managing, and evolving produce food safety programs.
Topics and Instructors
Topics will Include (2013)
- Hazard Assessment & Risk-based Preventive Controls
- Monitoring, Compliance and Corrective Actions
- Practice and Process Validation and Verification
- Worker Health and Hygiene
- Agricultural Water
- Animal-derived Soil Amendments
- Animal Proximity and Intrusion
- Sanitation: Field, Facilities, and Food-contact surfaces
- Interactive Case Examples and Lessons Learned from Recalls and Outbreaks
- Preparing for Audits and Recall
- Jim Gorny - Vice President of Food Safety and Technology, PMA (invited)
- Laura Guidici Mills - Food Safety, Recall Management & Regulatory Compliance, LGM CONSULTING
- Michelle Jay Russell - Western Center for Food Safety, UC Davis
- Bill Marler - Marler Clark & Food Safety News - Keynote Speaker
- Elis M. Owens - Senior Chemist/Microbiologist, Birko Corp.
- Trevor Suslow - Dept. of Plant Sciences, UC Davis
Dates and Times. Tuesday and Wednesday, November 4 and 5, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Thursday, November 6th, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. The registration desk will open at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
Location. The course will be held on the UC Davis campus. For Davis travel and lodging information, visit: http://postharvest.ucdavis.edu/about/WelcomeDavis.
Enrollment Fee. The enrollment fee will be announced in Spring 2014, and will include all instruction, course materials, networking reception, coffee breaks, and two lunches. Please enroll no later than October 24, 2014.
Parking. Campus daily parking permits are $8 and may be purchased at kiosks near the entrance of campus parking lots.
Required. Each participant will need a laptop computer. If you need to rent one, please contact us.
Enrolling is Easy! (2013 Information)
By Mail. Print the workshop brochure, and complete the enrollment section. Mail it with your check or payment information to: Attn: Ms. Penny Stockdale, Postharvest Technology Center; Dept. of Plant Sciences-MS2; UC Davis; One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616
By Phone. Call (530) 752-7672. Please have your Visa, Master Card, or American Express account number handy.
By Fax. Print, and then fax the brochure's enrollment section, along with your credit card information to (530) 754-4326.
Enroll Online in the Produce Safety Workshop
We appreciate your interest in the November 4-6, 2014 Produce Safety Workshop. Enrollments will open in Spring 2014. If you need additional information, please contact Ms. Penny Stockdale (firstname.lastname@example.org; (530) 752-7672). Thank you.